Fire Retardant Absorbent for Flammable & Combustible Spills
Tealsorb FR Fire Retardant Absorbent Powder is nothing short of revolutionary in its ability to neutralize virtually all flammable liquids into non-flammable dry solids for safe disposal. Whether your spill involves simple gasoline or a industrial solvents such as methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), employees can work it with a simple broom, and safely dispose of the residue, which is no longer a hazardous waste.
Unlike clay, cellulose, peat, cotton lint/ fibers, and other agricultural based solutions, Tealsorb FR absorbs while suppressing the combustible vapors of volatile liquids. Even if ignition occurs to the absorbed spill, it becomes almost impossible to ignite. Should the rare event of ignition occur, the explosive properties are eliminated or greatly reduced, and the flame is easily suppressed using only water! And, unlike peat, cotton lint/ fibers, and cellulose, Tealsorb FR is non-flammable and will NOT burn, reducing the risk of fires or explosions.
Tealsorb FR Lightweight Ultra Absorbent Properties
- Weighs an average of 12 lbs per 5 gal bag (approx. 0.80 cubic feet)
- Absorbs 3 times its own weight in liquid
- Absorbs spill quickly and efficiently
- Weighs little more than the original spill after absorbent is added
Why Use It?
- Less product consumption than the average absorbents
- Lowest overall mass to landfill
- Reduced trucking rates due to lightweight and absorbency nature of Tealsorb FR
- Quickest and fastest clean up time compared to average absorbents
Tealsorb FR SDS: teal-sorb-fr-sds.pdf
How to use Teal Sorb Fire Retardant Absorbent
- Apply Tealsorb around the edges of the spill
- Using a stiff bristle brush/broom, push Tealsorb into the spill (you may blow Tealsorb in or on the spill site to suppress volatile vapors and explosive tendencies of some flammables)
- Continue to brush back and forth in a circular motion over the spill until all the spill is removed
- If in doubt, add more water to the absorbed fluid
- Dispose of Tealsorb according to the local, state, federal, and international regulations and guidelines
- Do not use Tealsorb FR for putting out car fires at accident sites, decommissiong or working on fuel or oil tanks, or any application that requires the reduction of flammable or combustible fluid characteristics